Using MS Access/Access linked to Excel

I've linked an Access table to an Excel sheet. The numbers are formatted in Excel single with 2 decimal  places. When I am previewing the related report from Access the numbers are converted to Double. I am unable to change the number format in the linked table. What can I do to apply single format to the numbers? Thank you

Single and double are datatypes in Access and refer to the precision of the numbers NOT their format. So I'm not clear what you mean. If you want to format a number control on a report to display 2 decimal places, then set the format for the control.  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA