Using MS Access/Login Password Prompt at First Sign-in

Code Login Pg 1 of 2
Code Login Pg 1 of 2  

Code Login Pg 2 of 2
Code Login Pg 2 of 2  
Thank you so much for your assistance.  I am having trouble writing code to allow my new users, where upon first-time sign-in, they are prompted to change their password.  I have currently a combo box login where I set a generic password and, upon the user sign-in, they change the PW.  If the user forgets the PW, I can assign them a new generic and then they are again permitted to change the PW.  I have gone away from the combo box in favor of an advance security login, that uses user-level security, but that login does not use a combo box and so I don't know where to go.  The login allows 4 different forms to be opened base on security level.  By the way, a case-sensitive PW would be great, but not critical in my work environment.

Please see my blog on Login Security with VBA. It include that functionality. I use a Boolean Reset field in my user's table that forces the user to change their password.

I don't use ULS. Instead I test the Access level for the user to determine what forms they can or can't open. I also setup some forms specific to the Access level by hiding or disabling certain controls.  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA