Using MS Access/How can I restrict MS Access application to be run for a limited time?

Hi there!

I need VB code that restrict the MS Access application / program to be run for a limited time or limited to a specific date.
Because I deliver this application to my client as a demo and I do not want him to run the application more than the number or date set for running.

I will be very grateful and thankful to you.

Warm Regards,

I disagree with that method. I've never liked timed demos. First they are too easy to get around. Second, I often download something then get distracted and by the time I get back to it, the demo is close to expiration.

What I prefer to do is limit the number of records that can be added to the main table (or tables). So I use the Before Insert event of the form :

If Dcount("*","tablename") > = x Then
    MsgBox "This demo is limited to x records. If you want to continue to test delete some existing records.")
End If

Where x would be the number of record you think allows for reasonable testing.

You distribute the app as an accde so the user can't change that number since its hard coded.  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA