Using MS Access/Serial Numbers on Form

Is it possible to add a sequence serial numbering field on a form, I am printing the details directly from the form instead of reports, the data source is from different tables (users, demands, orders, actions).  

ANSWER: Hi Sher,

Thanks for the question.

Do you want the serial numbers to be next to each record (unique or not)?

Let me know and I will put something together this weekend for you.

Thanks for your reply, Yes the Serial Number to be next to each record but Not Unique.

User No. 1 = 10 records from the total of 100 records,
so Serial Number to show 1 to 10 on the form page.

Later 3 records Closed for User No. 1,
so Serial Number to show 1 to 8 on the form page.

Hi Sher,

My apologies for the delay, my week has been extremely busy.

I think what you are asking for is just a count of the records on the form.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Rather than me explaining it all here, this is a good overview how to achieve it.  

Note: you will need to write code to do this, I am not sure of your level of expertise is in this area, so if the instructions on the link are not detailed enough for you, let me know.

Read all the posts.

Using MS Access

Julie Misson

My area of expertise is Microsoft Access 2000-2007. I have been building microsoft databases for the past twelve years. I would be competent in answering questions from novice Access 2000 users to the more advanced including VBA. If I cannot help, I am more than likely be able to point you to websites that can.

I have a Microsoft Access business where I build database for small businesses. These are usually one off designs, where there is no off the shelf software avaliable to meet the business needs. I also teach Microsft Access to beginners. I am the owner of the website.

Self taught in Microsoft Access. Have done some units in normalisation and SQL, but most of what I know I have learnt from books originally and more recently the Internet.