Using MS Access/Serial Numbers on Form

Question
QUESTION: Hi Julie,

Is it possible to add a sequence serial numbering field on a form, I am printing the details directly from the form instead of reports, the data source is from different tables (users, demands, orders, actions).  

Sr.No.
 1.
 2.
 3.

Thanks

ANSWER: Hi Sher,

Thanks for the question.

Do you want the serial numbers to be next to each record (unique or not)?

Let me know and I will put something together this weekend for you.

QUESTION: Hi Julie,

Thanks for your reply, Yes the Serial Number to be next to each record but Not Unique.

User No. 1 = 10 records from the total of 100 records,
so Serial Number to show 1 to 10 on the form page.

Later 3 records Closed for User No. 1,
so Serial Number to show 1 to 8 on the form page.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Sher,

My apologies for the delay, my week has been extremely busy.

I think what you are asking for is just a count of the records on the form.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Rather than me explaining it all here, this is a good overview how to achieve it.  

Note: you will need to write code to do this, I am not sure of your level of expertise is in this area, so if the instructions on the link are not detailed enough for you, let me know.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/18588dd2-1c82-4965-9477-c38c0ea0f246/how-can-i-display-a-rcd-count-on-a-continuous-input-form?forum=accessdev

Read all the posts.

Regards

Julie  

Using MS Access

Julie Misson