Using MS Access/Question Access 2010

Question
Hi - I am currently setting up a database for quality control inspections. On the main table there is the AutoNumber but I need to generate a unique Inspection Number for reports. They need to be according to Fiscal Year. (Oct1-Sep30)"FYXX-000"

So for 2015 the format I need it to auto generate is "FY15-"000. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Answer
Please review my blog entry (see blog address in sig) on Sequential Numbering. it details techniques you can use to create a Sequential Number for each fiscal year.

You do need to determine what the Fiscal year will be fore any record.

If you have any questions after reviewing the blog, please feel free to ask.  

Using MS Access

Scottgem