Using MS Access/Phone numbers

Hi Scott

I am back again.

A few months back I sought your advice on managing multiple phone numbers for individuals. I thank you for that advice as my database is working well with a one to many relationship between my two tables; Clients and PhoneNumbers.

I now find that many of my clients are accessed through the same phone number, which leads me to think that I probably have a many to many relationship requiring a junction table.

Is this correct?

Many thanks

Would a client only have one phone number or could they have many? If only one, then its not a many to many and you just need the PhoneNumberID as a foreign key in your clients table. However, if a client can have multiple numbers, then yes it is a many to many and requires a junction table.  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA