Using MS Access/Run query but not display it for a user

Question
Hi Scott<

I need to execute/run a Select query (values Hour1-0to15... are calculated) in such a way that:
1. It stays hidden for a user (is not displayed)
2. If statement is executed on the results of the query
3. When condition of If statement is met a message box pops up otherwise nothing happens (there is a further code to execute).
4. All the above is done when user clicks a command button

I have the following VBA code written but it does not work. It only results in opening the query:
----------------------------------
Private Sub Command11_Click()

Dim dbs As DAO.Database
Set dbs = CurrentDb

DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryCheck"
If Hour1-0to15 OR Hour1-16to30 OR Hour1-31to45 OR Hour1-46to60 > 1 Then
MsgBox "Data Entry Error: You CANNOT enter 1 more than once for the same time. You can only report the delivery of one type of service for a 15-min time interval. Please correct an error before clicking Submit.", vbOKOnly
Else
GoTo EM
End If

'there is a further code here

EM:

End Sub

Answer
First get rid of the OpenQuery method, its not necessary. Second, does qryCheck produce more than one row? If it only produces 1 row, then add a column to the query:

CheckHours: Hour1-0to15 + Hour1-16to30 + Hour1-31to45 + Hour1-46to60

Then use the following code:

If DLookup("[CheckHours]","qryCheck") > 1 Then

MsgBox "Data Entry Error: You CANNOT enter 1 more than once for the same time. You can only report          the delivery of one type of service for a 15-min time interval. Please correct an error before clicking Submit.", vbOKOnly

Else

GoTo EM

End If  

Using MS Access

Scottgem