Using MS Access/Custom Dialog forms/parameter queries

Hi Scott,
It has been a while.  How have you been?  I hope things are going well for you.  I have to thank you again for your help last year with my database.  so far, so good, all seems to be going well with it.  I am currently working on another database where I am using a custom dialog to open a form.  I have done these many times before with no issue, but I have always used them to open a report. So when I go to open the form, first I see a parameter box that states:  forms!shipshearch!cboship.  then, after I type the value or leave blank, the custom dialog box appears with the drop down to choose the ship.  Then the form opens.  How can I make the parameter dialog with the criteria for my form to open disappear.  Thanks so much for all of your help!!  As always, it is appreciated more than you know.  Carla  :)

When you get a parameter prompt like that it generally means that Access can't find the control referenced. I suspect here that you are using a bound form for the dialog box and it should be unbound.

Personally, I prefer just opening the form with a Search combo in the form header.  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA