Using MS Access/Link to PDF from access

Dear Sir, I have reports saved as PDF files. Is there a way in Access 2010 to search a report by ID and to open the PDF related file?
These reports contain monthly cumulative values and once submitted I can't do it once again to avoid error in these values. This is why I need to search for already submitted PDF reports. Thank you.

Depends on how you name the PDFs. If they are named with the ID, and you know the folder they are stored in, you may be able to do it easily. A command like:

Application.FollowHyperlink "d:\foldername\" & [RecordID] & ".pdf"

will work.

Otherwise you may have to have a field or a separate table that holds the location of the file. Then you could use:

Application.FollowHyperlink Me.ReportLocation  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA