Using MS Access/Access language/keyboard

Dear Scott
My Access 2007 database is working fine but I now find I am having to input Spanish or French names where an 'accent' is required above a letter. Whilst I can achieve this in MS Word (Ctrl+apostrophe+e), this is not available in Access. I have copied and pasted it from word but I cannot seem to do it direct in a field.
Is there a way of doing this please?

You can do this in almost any program by using the Extended ASCII code set.If you hold down the Alt key and type the decimal value for the character using the numeric keypad (you have to use the keypad), it will insert the character. For example if you want to type the accented a () you would hold down the Alt key and press 160. You can search on ASCII chart for the codes.  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA