Using MS Access/Drop Down Menu Formating

Question
Hi Scott,

A field in a form (Datasheet view) has a Value List as a Row Source Type (it is a dropdown menu). Is it possible to format this drop down in such a way that it has non-selectable lines? For example:
----------------------------------------
EUROPE (bold or underlined font)
United Kingdom
France
Germany
...
NORTH AMERICA (bold or underlined font)
USA
Canada
Mexico
...
In this dropdown a user can only select the country, not the continent.

Constraint: This is only a simplified example. In my case it all MUST BE in one column. I cannot make 2 fields - one for the continent and one for the country.

Thank you

Answer
Yes and no. No you can't make the continent bolded. You also can't make a selection non-selectable. What you CAN do, is use code to prevent the selection. for example:

IF Me.combo = "Europe" Then
   MsgBox "Not a valid selection"
   Cancel = True
End If

Put that in the Before Update event.  

Using MS Access

Scottgem