VB.NET/client side and server side communication

Hello, Syed Rizwan Muhammad Rizvi

I want to build a system where the user will fetch data from
the server and display it in a browser, using html5.

I am using Visual Studio to write my client side code, but what technology should I use to communicate between client and server?

I was thinking about using Ajax, or html's data-binding, can you explain me what are the advantages and disadvantages of both and which one should I use?

Thank you

This should help you decide:

I personally would prefer using HTML5 Databinding and let the browser manage all complexity rather worrying about data display myself. I personally think HTML5 bindings will be an Ajax killer.

Do check for browser compatibility though, many browsers support ajax but not all HTML5 features are supported by all browsers.

Syed Rizwan Muhammad Rizvi

I can answers questions regarding web based and desktop based programming in VB.Net. Which can include SOAP, XML, Custom Controls, COM Interoperability etc.

Have been working in this specific area for last 2 years previously I was a VB 6 Developer with experties in other languages as well. Total 10 years of programming experience.