VMware/VMware doesnt recognize Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter!

I'm using a VMware version 9 and my host computer is a windows 7 Professional x64 with 6GB of RAM.
I have installed Backtrack 5R3-GNOME-32 in VMware but it doesn't recognizes my wireless interface which is Atheros AR9285 Ethernet 802.3. I have read some forums telling that Backtrack should be installed natively to PC (not virtually) to communicate with wireless interface or one must use a USB Wireless card.
I want to know if there is a way to solve the problem and force the VMware to recognize the wireless card in it, so one can use the wireless card in Backtrack in VMware.
PS: The airmon-ng in Terminal shows the following picture.

Thank you

Hello Ahmed
I have used backtrack a lot in the past , now the newer version is called Kali
one thing you need to know that PCI will be emulated on  hypervisors such as VMware or virtual box or Xen , guest machines will not be able to access it directly it will be bridged that's all.

and that's true natively on the pc or a USB wireless card for VMware or virtual box and others.

you can use kali Linux or backtrack live without installation directly on the hardware , boot your computer from a kali/backtrack cd/dvd and choose live from the boot menu " not install " and that should boot you off the Linux based distribution without modifications to the hard drive.

good luck  

Saed Shawwa

I'll do my best to answer technical issues related to Vmware ESXi3/4 , VMware ESX 3+ / Vsphere 4+ . Vmware Center Server , Vmware View , Vmware Workstation , Vmware Player , Vmware Data Recovery. i

I am an experienced computer technical in the field of Networking , Virtualization , Hardware Support , Operating System Support and Troubleshooting.

Management Information Systems