Vacation Homes/utilities present

hello there, I am quite unsure by what it means when a property is listed with utilities present. The utilities that it lists that are present are bb/hs, internet available, and cable, now what is bb/hs and does this mean I will have to pay for them and will internet and cable be provided? thank you for your time.

Hello, Miguel,

My apologies that it has taken me a couple of days to reply to your question.  I have been traveling, and am without a computer!  

Most vacation rentals for less than 30 days usually include all utilities and services, although some will charge a daily utility fee or possibly a daily fee for pool heat (or similar).  The abbreviation bb/hs usually preceeds the word "internet" and stands for broad band/high speed.  This is a regionally-used abbreviation; I have commonly seen it in Florida, although it may be used other places.  To be sure exactly what is included and not included in the rate you are quoted, it is always a good idea to confirm with the rental agency exactly what is included, and whether you can anticipate any additional charges, either up front, or upon departure.

Best wishes for safe and fun travels,

Vacation Homes

Jan Leasure

I can answer questions about the ins and outs of vacation home ownership and the rental of vacation homes. I have managed residential rental property since 1983, both for myself and for others. I have taught property management and provided seminars and training at the local, state and national levels.

I am a licensed real estate broker in California. I have managed vacation homes for myself and for others for over 25 years. I currently am the managing broker at Monterey Bay Property Management.

I am a member of the National Association of Realtors, the National Association of Residential Property Managers, and the Vacation Rental Managers' Association, among others.

Articles I have written currently appear at and have appeared in a number of real estate and property management publications.

Bachelor's degree, two masters' degrees, and most importantly, the School of Hard Knocks!