Vacation Homes/Changing CCR's

We have one unit of four in Big Bear Lake California
We would like to change the CCR's to allow each owner to have the right to have vacation rentals (less than 30 days)

I understand we only need three of the four owners to agree

Is this correct?

It depends on what your CC&Rs say about what it takes to modify them.  If your CC&Rs say that it takes a majority to change them, three of four would work.  However, if your CC&Rs say it takes a unanimous vote to change them, you will need all four members to agree.

Vacation Homes

Jan Leasure

I can answer questions about the ins and outs of vacation home ownership and the rental of vacation homes. I have managed residential rental property since 1983, both for myself and for others. I have taught property management and provided seminars and training at the local, state and national levels.

I am a licensed real estate broker in California. I have managed vacation homes for myself and for others for over 25 years. I currently am the managing broker at Monterey Bay Property Management.

I am a member of the National Association of Realtors, the National Association of Residential Property Managers, and the Vacation Rental Managers' Association, among others.

Articles I have written currently appear at and have appeared in a number of real estate and property management publications.

Bachelor's degree, two masters' degrees, and most importantly, the School of Hard Knocks!