Vacuum Cleaners/spin brush

Question
I just bought a Hoover  Model 5914-900 on ebay the spinn brush is not working so I removed the brush to find out that the middle stick was brocken off and still is in the hole,how can I remove the brocken part and will a new brush resolve the probleme?

Answer
Hi Hannelore, and thank you for your question.  Okay, so this is part of a common problem with the Hoover SteamVacs.  Hopefully, I can clear up a little of the issue with yours.
 The easiest way to remove the broken post from the turbine is to drive a drywall type screw  about three or so turns into the post still in the machine.  It should pull out very easily after this.
 Will it fix the problem?  A loud voice inside of me yells, "Not even close!"  The turbine usually is loaded with hair wrapped around the bearing.  Unless this truly a brand new unit.
 What I suggest is that if you have any return policy with the sellers on eBay, you return for refund this SteamVac.  If they won't, well, you can still clean the carpet with that machine;  you just won't get any brush action.
 I'm sorry I was unable to give you better news, but that's Hoover for you.  Have a good day, and thank you again for the question.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa