Vacuum Cleaners/cleaning solution leaks

I have a Hoover model IF5881-900. its was working great for a long time but lately its been leaking and will not hold the cleaning solution for more than for a 30 seconds. I appreciate any feedback about my dilema.

Hello Slade, and thank you for your question.  I need some clarification on the SteamVac leak.  From where is the cleaning solution leaking?  Out of the valve on the tank, itself?  Out of the back of the machine?  From the bottom where it should, just all at once?  Do you have to depress the trigger to make it leak?  Or does it start running out as soon as you install the tank?  Does the trigger feel mushy or stiff?
 It is very difficult to diagnose a vacuum problem when it is not in front of me, for me to run through all these tests.  With a little more information, maybe I can get you close to the solution.  Please submit a follow-up question.
 Thank you.

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.