Vacuum Cleaners/Hoover SteamVac Turbine repair

Hi Lisa,

I have a Hoover F7412-900 Steam Vac that has a bad turbine assembly (brushes not spinning).  I removed the turbine and have found a replacement online, however I have a question:  

The turbine assembly itself can be opened up rather easily and in doing so I discovered the actual culprit - the rotating flywheel (the piece that spins when high-speed air is blown across it) is cracked.  This flywheel is made of plastic and it's easy to see why it broke so easily, given that it spins at high speed and is subject to a lot of stress.   So I'm wondering if you happen to know of any sources where I can obtain this part?  It would be nice to have several of the flywheels just in case (and I'm sure it will happen) the one in my replacement turbine assy. breaks in the future.   I've been searching online and so far have found no one that sells other than the entire assembly.

Thanks for your help!

Happy Holidays, Joel!  Thank you for your question.  Honestly, this is the first time I have heard of one breaking there.  Usually we see hair wrapped around the bearing that makes the brushes fail. Probably, though, they've gotten even cheaper in the construction materials.  
 To my knowledge, Hoover does not make just that part available.  China, most likely, doesn't make that component available to Hoover.  Chances are, China doesn't make it available for anyone.  I did do a little checking and cannot come up with a viable substitute.
 The only suggestion I can give you is to make sure you vacuum well before you clean your carpet, with a fresh belt on your vacuum for maximum efficiency. If you have pets, invest in a small carpet rake.  This will make for less stress on the weakest part of that Hoover, the turbine.
 Good luck to you, and again, Happy New Year!

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.