Vacuum Cleaners/Cubby Vac parts

Question
I have a Cubby Vac with two problems.  The first and major is that the feed and retract plastic gear is eaten up.  I'm looking for a replacement gear, or new gear assembly.  Right now I have to try and force the hose back into the unit as well as pull the hose out - not good fhr the hose.

Second problem is the main handle assembly has become loose and I've had to tape the hose and handle together.  

Help.

Answer
Hello John. Thank you for your question. Cubby Vac is not widely distributed on the West Coast so I have little familiarity with the brand. The best advice I can give you is the same as to the previous Cubby Vac owners: Visit the MD Manufacturing website (I think it is builtinvacuums.com). This comprehensive site should answer  any questions you have.  Or give them a call for personalized assistance.
 I hope this helps a little in your search.  Thanks again!

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa