Vacuum Cleaners/Non scratch

I'm in desperate need of a vacuum that doesn't scratch our click flooring. I bought a vacuum not long ago and I love it but unfortunately it scratched my floor and my husband wasn't happy so I need another one fast!  I have a 10 month old who is crawling everywhere and 2 dogs and 2 cats that leave hair everywhere and a broom just doesn't do the trick.  What kind of vacuum would be good for me?

Hi there Elizabeth!  Thank you for your question. This is my favorite type of question! Okay, so let's think about this. What was it about your current vac that scratched? The wheels? If you're thinking of a canister vacuum, one you pull around, go to, where you will peruse all manner of excellent vacuums, with long warranties.  Carpet?  No problem, there's a vacuum for that!  "Click" (btw, I have no idea what that is) floors?  No problem, there's a vacuum for that!  Whatever kind of surface you need to clean, you can find it there. They all have nice, soft rubber coated wheels! If you'd prefer an upright vacuum, they've got those also. Remember the prices listed are MSRP and may not be the actual price you will pay.
  ANY vacuum, whichever brand you prefer, all you need to worry about is the wheels being soft enough on your flooring.  Because your big issue is most likely the tool that comes in contact the most with your flooring!
 Now, here's the big news:  While you are on the Simplicity website, look at the attachments. Especially the "Doom for your Broom," and the "Floor It."   If you go with just the hardwood floor brush, it will do great in the non-scratch area.  However, with the dogs and cats, you'll find yourself cleaning fur off the tool more than you may want.  The "DFYB" tool won't scratch and won't load up quite so quickly for you.  Plus it's got the soft microfiber to polish your flooring too.
 If you don't like either of those tools, maybe the flooring is even more sensitive.  So check out this tool:, the Manta.  This is the ultimate in non-scratch hard floor tools!  I think you can pair this tool with ANY vacuum you find, even one from a Big Box Store, and be golden.  Your husband will be so happy with your decision, he may even start doing the vacuuming!
 I hope this helps, Elizabeth.  Good luck and Happy Vacuuming!

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.