Vacuum Cleaners/recimmend vacuum

I keep losing vacuum cleaners because the motor blows out. I rent a shop with very old, indoor, outdoor carpeting. A great deal of the carpeting fibers come up with every vacuuming. It's almost impossible to get it out of the vacuum. It get stuck in really tight. There must be a vacuum cleaner that would work on it.
Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Details would be helpful, but I assume you've been using uprights with a one motor system. The motor operates both the vacuum and the power head.  The fibers collect on the roller of the power head preventing it from turning, which in turn causes the motor to overheat and burn out.
I suggest getting a two motor system, which includes either canister or some models of uprights.
A good choice is the older style of Electrolux. The uprights have a separate motor for the power head, which will shut off if the roller can't turn. The power nozzle on the canisters also have this feature on their power heads.
Although Electrolux/Aerus vacuums are expensive when new, good used ones can be found on Ebay for very reasonable prices.

Vacuum Cleaners

Roger Potts

Aerus, Electrolux, vacuums and shampooers. Some other vacuum cleaners.

Service manager for Electrolux in 1990. Repaired many brands and models of vacuums, but mostly Electrolux. All Electrolux models. Currently on-call service tech for Aerus.

Associate, General studies. Several writing classes.

Numerous awards from Army Reserve and Army.