Vacuum Cleaners/Hoover U6470-900

Question
My Hoover vacuum cuts off way to soon from heat overload.  Could you tell me what to look for, where the filters are, and where the overload switch is if I need to replace it.  Thanks..

Answer
Hello Ron and thank you for your question! Your Hoover has a thermal cut-off switch integrated into the motor.  It does not have a reset button.  It automatically resets after about 20 minutes.  If the reason for the thermal cutoff has not been resolved, it will trip again.
  The main cause of this is either a clog in the hose, or an overfull bag/dirty filters.
Please refer to searspartsdirect.com for a parts breakdown of this unit to locate your filters.  One is under the bag in the bag compartment, the other is behind a door on the right side of the vac (as you are looking at it).  Remember the Hoover Y bag is also a filter.  Please do not reuse it, the pores of the bag will fill up.
  As far as a clog, I suggest you verify the attachment hose is clear by throwing a quarter down it.  See how quickly it comes out the other end.  If that hose is clear, look in the lower hose (#5 on the diagram) to ensure it is clear.
 Thank you again for your question, Ron.  I hope this helps.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa