Vacuum Cleaners/Vacuum for Fur and Long Hair

Question
I've been having issues with vacuums since I was little because I've always had long hair; the hair wraps around the roller, it gets stuck in the fan, etc. Recently I read that if you have long hair you'd be better off with a vacuum that has no roller. I found a little Bissel canister vacuum online that's pretty cheap but I thought I'd ask for advice first. I can't tell if my carpet is a loop or a texture, but it's very short, and I also have laminate flooring as well as vinyl. I have a cat that sheds a lot (further adding to my vacuum issues) also. I'd love that it have some sort of attachment. Not necessarily an abundance of them, just one or two that will make cleaning cobwebs and corners easier. I'm not sold on the vacuums that are good for allergies because if the roller gets bound with my hair every single time I'll just end up not using it no matter the benefits. The biggest issue, however, is my budget. I'd like to not spend over $150 and would LOVE if it's under $100. The little Bissel I found was $50.

Answer
Hello Jessica and thank you for your question.    When I first read this, I thought, "Oh that's crazy- no roller!"  But after a moment, I can indeed see the point.  Fair warning, though, the fine particles of dust, e.g. sand, skin, etc., that work into your carpet fibers will never be efficiently removed without an agitator.  That being said, yes, a canister vacuum will suit all your other requirements.  
 The suction of almost any canister currently sold will be around 80-100 inches of water lift.  So, the only differences are going to be the bells & whistles.  Convenience features, mostly.  I strongly recommend bagged over anything bagless!  You are just going to be ejecting most of what it picks up back into the room.  And, I have always been curious how Bissell, and others, can sell a vac for $49.95 and yet state it has HEPA filtration.  I don't believe it can be done so cheaply.  
 Bissell doesn't include a nice horsehair floor tool for your laminate flooring.  This is something I am sure you will want. Visit your local independent vacuum store for a good tool, and the adaptor to make it fit the Bissell.
 Please be sure to check the floor tool regularly to remove any hair build-up and you should be fine.
 Thank you again for your question.  I hope this helps.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa