Vacuum Cleaners/Wind Tunnel loss of suction except with hose

I have a Wind Tunnel Mach 6.1 Model U6425-90 Series Q12.0. It just stopped sucking through the bottom of the vacuum, but the hose still works. It makes it hard to vacuum the living room, though, since I have to scoot around with the attachment. It still has very powerful suction through the hose.

Hi Kate. Thank you for your question. This is the number one complaint I hear from people about their vacuums! If you remove the hose at the end closest to the carpet, and look down through the hole on the vacuum, toward the floor, is it clear? Do you have an obstruction free view of the surface below? If not, remove the clog & check again.
However, if you did see clear thru the hose, how long has it been since you had the belt changed?  If it has been six moths or more, it is probably due.
Seriously, you will be amazed at how better it picks up. Thank you again for your question.  

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.