Vacuum Cleaners/Hoover Steam Vac F7425-900

Question
Scrub brushes will not spin.  I checked the filter, the brushes spin freely when removed.. I tried the hand tool and those brushes do spin when turned on.  Would they still spin if the turbine is bad in the machine?  On the hand tool, I do have good vacuum.. paper will not fall off when it is on.  Does this mean the gears in the turbine are bad, thus not spinning the floor scrubber brushes?  It does not look like the port the brushes fit in is spinning.  I appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Answer
 Hi Geri.  I apologize for my tardiness. Today is the first day I saw your question. This is a very common problem with the Hoover SteamVacs of this style. Yes, you are correct: it is the turbine (if you checked the suction on the front nozzle with the paper, and there is suction but no brush rotation). Crud, usually hair, gets inside the turbine and freezes the bearing.
 I don't know how long you have had this unit. The replacement part may be cost-prohibitive unless you can do the labor yourself. Have you looked on searspartsdirect.com yet? The turbine is listed at $ 54.90 (23A) or less.  
 What I will suggest is what we do at our store regularly. Access the turbine, examine the bearing, replace the bearing if necessary.  Sometimes all that needs to be done is just clean the crud from inside the bearing, add a drop of lube to it, replace the seal on the top, and let 'er rip.
 If the bearing needs replacing, and if you can't find one of a similar size, please send me a follow-up, *privately*.  I can answer you privately and give you contact info. We can send one to you if you like.
 This is very common, and from the description you wrote of the issue, I am almost positive you can handle it! This isn't the first thing you've worked on!
 I hope this helps.  Thank you very much for your question.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa