Vacuum Cleaners/Kenmore 3459590 Belt

Question
QUESTION: Hey GF! This old girl would suck the chrome off a bumper, probably why they blew through the fan housing! Problem is finding a belt that will work with it.  Can tell you than UB8 7300 blew asap.  Is there a way to measure the belt size from the shaft through the roller bar?  Best suction ever with this old beast, but with cats, the beater bar is a good thing.  And WHAT is up with this new format?  I can't even see what I've written? If you've a website with a shop to buy various ones to try, let me know.  As always, lovely Lisa, you have a great night. :)

ANSWER: Hey Denise! Idk about the new format, I am using the app on my phone for the first time. Ugh...love the autocorrect, but you're right. Your text disappears. Well, we will try to muddle thru. So, maybe if you could just measure from the shaft to the area at which the agitator is housed? Coincidentally called the agitator housing. Is this an old beast, let's say 10-15 yrs or so? Would it be a Panasonic manufactured or older? Thanks for the input! Lisa

QUESTION: Kenmore Panasonic 116.3459590 Proformance 9.5 amps.  Can you suggest another belt that might work better?  It's about 20 years old if I have it right.

Answer
Denise, have you tried the Panasonic UB belt? Not UB8, just UB. Also, please make sure the belt is fresh. Rubber dries out quickly & will snap in a heartbeat. Although it may be new, it needs to be fresh also. Hope this helps. Thanks for the follow-up.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa