Vacuum Cleaners/Hoover Steamvac Spinscrub

Hi Lisa,

My Hoover Steamvac Spinscrub model is F5914900. My problem is when I attach the tools and the hose and turn it on.....water goes everywhere. I have made very certain all the tanks and the attachment hose are securely fastened and have tight seals. It seems to as if the carpet water is still coming out even though the vacuum is upright and correctly attached for tool use. I have no issues using it to clean carpets...just when I attach the hose....I put it on a glass table and the water is coming out of the carpet cleaning holes underneath....what part do I need to replace or check. Thank you so much for your time.

Dirty and Down

Hi Traci.  Wow, thanks for the question:  I have never heard of this issue!  Forgive me, but I have to understand this situation. I have a few questions that may seem like it, but I am not insulting you intentionally. When you have the both parts of the attachment hose securely attached in their respective ports, you turn it on, and immediately the water starts coming out of the carpet area?  Are you depressing either of the triggers?
 Would you please place the machine on the hard floor?  That way you will be able to determine if water is coming out or not. Disconnect the tool hose. Now connect just the water hose to its port. Turn it on. Does the water still come out the bottom as soon as it's turned on?  If it does, the problem is in the pump or the pump hose. The hood for this unit is a dickens to remove.  You may not want to attempt the repair yourself.
 If it does not behave the same, please send me an additional follow-up question. And we will go from there.
 I hope this helps! Thank you again.  

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.