Vacuum Cleaners/vacuum first?

Question
I am going to have my carpet steam cleaned by an outside company. Should I vacuum the carpet first, before they do that?  Thanks

Answer
Hi Lee, and thanks for your question.  Yes, you should vacuum your carpet prior to the cleaning. They still should do it, but the more times the carpet is vacuumed, the more debris will come out.  Change your vac's belt if you haven't in the last six months.  Most vacuums pick up on the backstroke, so go v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y backwards.
 Definitely, vacuum again after the carpet has dried thoroughly.  You want to raise back up the nape of the carpet.
 Enjoy your nice clean home!  Thank you again for the question.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa