Vacuum Cleaners/Hoover Savvy Handle

So, I was reading your reply to Rick about his handle replacement. I've received the new one, 4 screws out, but how does the handle actually come off? I have pulled and pulled with no results. Am I just too wimpy to make this happen or is there a trick?

Hi Carol.  Thanks for your question.  If memory serves me, once you have the four screws out, and the hose holder off, the handle assembly should slide off toward the rear.  Maybe give it a little rap.   
 Hope this helps.  If not, please do ask a follow up question.  Thank you.

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.