Vacuum Cleaners/Hoover steamVac

I have a Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub 50, model F5915905. My cleaned our carpets the other day, but when he was cleaning the vacuum, he removed the nozzle hood cover. He didn't know that it was not supposed to be removed (I usually clean the machine).  Is it possible to pop the cover back on the machine or do I need to order a new part? I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Hi Amy. If he broke the tabs or the screw bosses, yes you will need a new hood. If he only unsealed the factory gasketing, you should be okay. He didn't pry it up & bend anything, right?  It may have to have a bead of silicone or RTV gasket maker applied, at worst.
Thank you for your question.

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.