Vacuum Cleaners/Vacuum question

Hi Lisa,
 I have a Hoover Windtunnel with a bag. I have been trying to figure out why I don't get any suction at the carpet level. I took off the brush and found out the belt was broken so I will need to replace that. Is that why there isn't any suction there? I can't imagine that.
There is great suction when I take out the hose to put on attachments (and I tried your quarter trick (which went straight to the clean bag). I also tried to stick a clothes hanger in the bottom hole and didn't fine anything else in there. Are there any other tricks?

Hi Cheryl! Thank you, thank you, thank you! For reading the answers to the previous questions! I have done this for years, & I think you are the only one who ever has done that!
Well, you tried everything I have thought of, and still it won't pick up at the carpet level. You haven't tried the new belt yet? So install a nice fresh correct Hoover belt and we will go from there.
Thank you for your question. And thank you again for reading the previous answers! Have a great day!

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.