Vacuum Cleaners/Electrolux E1590E

Hello Lisa, I turned on the powerhead to initiate the vacuum and the motor at the canister came on and turned off after a brief momement. Checked the power connection in the garage and it is functional. Pushed the reset button on the canister and no result. The caniater was just emptied and the filter was changed a couple of weeks ago. It functioned well until this incident. Any idea what I can do to get it operating? Do I need to detach the motor from the body and clean it or is it more serious? Thank you.

Chris, Thank you for your question. However I am not qualified to determine the problem in your central vac. I recommend you go to, which is the website for MD Manufacturing, the authority on these units. They have an incredible troubleshooting flow chart.
 Thanks again for your question. Sorry I was unable to help you.

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.