Vacuum Cleaners/Dyson 25

Question
QUESTION: Hi Lisa, I own a Dyson 25. The Iron Wheel Spigot has broken. Is this a part I can change myself?
I have mechanical skills.
Thanks,
John

ANSWER: Hi John,
 I apologize for the delay in responding. I was unable to find a part called "Iron Wheel Spigot" on the parts breakdown for the DC-25. If you go to Searspartsdirect.com and enter the model number, what group of parts is it in? What is the number on the diagram, please? I would be happy to help if I am able.
Thank you.

QUESTION: Group Main Body Assy

Number 18

Answer
Hi John. If you haven't already dismantled the unit to this point, I would recommend you not attempt it. Dysons are a little difficult in that they are often secured by tab locks.
It's rather impossible for me to know if you should do it when I do not know your level of expertise. Myself, I have always gone with the rule of only going as far as I felt comfortable going.
If the unit is within the warranty period, however, I would take to an authorized Dyson repair center.
I apologize for not being able to give you a definite answer. There's just no way of knowing. Thank you for your question.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa