Vacuum Cleaners/Hoover Windtunnel loss of suction

model U6439-900 with bag.
Unit has lost suction only in carpet area.  Hose has suction.  Taken apart lower section, cleaned, removed clogs, removed wound hair on brushes, &  reassembled.  Still no lower suction.  Brush turns as supposed to.  Any ideas?

Hello Wade. Thank you for your question. Humor me, please and see if you can stop the brushroll with your hand. If it has been more than 6 months since you changed it, it is time. It may look fine & you see the brush turning, but if there is a load on it, it will not turn. A stretched belt is 99 out of 100 times the culprit with exactly this complaint.
After installing a new & fresh belt, should the unti still not pick up well on the carpet, there may be another issue. But I am confident that will fix it.
 Thanks again.

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.