Vacuum Cleaners/Patriot Hybrid Vacuum Cleaner

Question
My Patriot Hybrid canister vacuum cleaner power head (brush) won't come on.  I've checked all the electrical connections and they seem all right.  Is there a way to check the handle limit switch to see if it is malfunctioning?

Answer
Hello Gregg and thanks for your question. My answer is going to be pretty basic, not knowing exactly which Patriot Hybrid you own. Based on the units I have seen, there is only a mechanical bleed-off valve on the handle. If yours is electrical, it could have malfuntioned, but chances are it will not fail the brushroll.
If the powerhead won't run and all the connections seem secure and you tried the reset button, if it has one, then let's try this. Do you have a cheater cord? A regular electrical cord with the end cut off so you can use it on anything? Preferably with an alligator clip on each of the two wires.
 If you are comfortable with electricity, and you know how to protect yourself and your environment from shock, you can make a cheater cord yourself. PLEASE USE SAFE ELECTRICAL PROCEDURES!
 This would be the best route to use. Check the cord at the connection on the head, by itself first. Then if it's good, try it on the wand with the head attached.
 This is a difficult question for me, Gregg. a lot of these I can guess rather correctly what the problem may be. With the Patriot, there are too many variables. Especially without a parts schematic accessible.
I hope this helps. Please shoot me a follow-up question if need be. Thank you again for your question.

Vacuum Cleaners

Lisa