Vacuum Cleaners/electrolux epic 6500sr

what do the dots (that go from smaller to bigger) on the control dial mean?

Hi Tammi! Thank you for your question.  Those graduated dots on the dial indicate how much suction the vacuum is producing. You will notice at the tiniest dot, the suction is very low. Turn it all the way to the biggest dot, and you feel the vacuum about pull the skin of your hand off!  
 Hope this helped. Thanks again!

Vacuum Cleaners

Please ask me any questions regarding the efficiency, durability, and value of 99.5% of today's vacuum cleaners, residential and commercial. I am able to help, also, with your residential carpet cleaners and vapor steamers. I cannot answer questions such as "how much should I pay for my vac?" "how often should I change the bag, belt, filter?" or "how often should I vacuum?" , etc. I also will not advise you how to use equipment for other than its original application; including any disassembly or modification not approved by the unit's manufacturer.

I am the owner of a well-established (sixty-plus years), family-owned & operated vacuum retail and repair business. We are a full service/warranty center for 99.5% of vacuums manufactured. I, personally, have extensive hands-on experience with today's most popular vacuum cleaners, I have not only used the vacs in my own home, I have repaired them. I have been in the floor care industry for over 25 years.

I have attended certification seminars with the industry's trade association. My education, however, has been mostly hands-on, carrying on a sixty year old tradition in a brick and mortar 'mom & pop' location.