Vascular Surgery/Blood clot in radial artery following angiogram

Sandra Milligan wrote at 2013-01-23 21:22:05
I had a coronary angiogram, angioplasty and my 6th stent in 7 days ago. I had the procedure done in my left wrist. After a few days I was fine, but my wrist still throbs and the pain wakes me up during the night so I am loosing sleep because of this. My GP said there is no infection and it is not hot to touch. It did go quite red when I came out of my bath and it was also shiney, which made me go to my GP as I was sure it was infected. I have to wear Freeze Packs which are gel lined self adhesive pads all day and night to be able to get what little relief I can, but I am still in sheer agony. I will never have this procedure done again. Last time (I have had 4 now!) I had it done via the groin area and I had no pain and no problems. Apparently my arm went into a very bad "Spasm" and It hasn't really got any better. It feels like my consultant has scraped the big wrist bone on the way in, it is that painful. I only hope if anyone reading this is due to have this procedure, that they do not get the same problems and that everything goes fine with them. Thank you  

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway