Vascular Surgery/Leg pain after VNUS closure

Stacey Burkhart wrote at 2013-11-18 12:52:22
I just wanted to say that I have exactly the same issues as this person. It actually sounded as if I wrote this question. I had my procedure done on 4/4/2012. I am currently taking Gabapentin 600mg.three times a day, and Ibuprofen 1000mg. twice a day. Currently, I cannot work but have not seen any Doctors that would say I am unable to work. It is as if they do not believe me or that they do not want to say I cannot work. One Doctor said everyone can work, that there is no such thing as disability. Another Doctor said there are too many people that cannot work and I should work so not to add to those that can't. I am a 50 yr old female. I wish I never had the vnus closure done.

Hba wrote at 2014-07-30 23:15:37
Did you get it checked..... It can be sciatica also

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota