Vascular Surgery/Greater Saphenous Vein Stripping

Question
Hello,    I had surgery a week ago.   My vein was pulled from ankle thru to groin.   I have been experiencing pain to sit lay or walk.  Last night was the first night of no leg pain while I slept.  However, walking is still extremely painful and it is difficult from me to actually put my right foot on the ground.
I went back to do and said all looks as through expected.   However, Is this the proper protocol for this type of preceded?

I was told I could go back to work on Tuesday...what a joke..

Is this highly unusual?    I am so frustrated....
I am 33 years old....weigh about 135   5'5"....otherwise, perfect health.....thank you

Answer
Ann
vein stripping, you are right pretty barbaric. painful for quite a while, wear your compression and take anti inflammatories (IE ibuprofen) moist heat can help (warm a wet towel in microwave and lay along inner leg. id MD who is examining you says all is well, it probably is, just a painful treatment. Sorry Lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway