Vascular Surgery/vnus closure,swelling

I had this procedure on both legs a week ago.  The problem beyond were in the back of legs, so procedure went up in back of leg and behind knee. My left leg has started to swell up fairly huge from foot up to thigh. There was no real swelling up until's now the weekendso just want to know if normal...and if n not do I need to see someone over the weekend. I thought that th his so p posed to have no down time, but in fact both legs hurt quite a bit.. I did have an US 4 days as free procedure.thanks.

sorry took so long to answer back, how much bigger is the leg, can you say, twice as big? from toes to knee? thigh? or better yet measure, how many inches bigger? is there any discoloration? increased pain? are you still wearing the compression hose? what strength? how high are they? knee or thigh or waist? have you been wearing them 24/7 or off at night? if off at night are you puttingon again BEFORE you get out of bed? anything else? Lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota