Vascular Surgery/Post fem pop nerve pain

Question
I am 9 weeks post fem pop. All the follow ups indicate a successful graft.  There was a 9 month delay to diagnosis because the arterial occlusion was due to giant cell vasculitis - no risk factors eg BPNormal, no smoking or diabetes. I still have nerve pain in my foot and leg but it is getting better daily.  I am wondering if a revitive circulation booster would be useful in my case.  My other leg femoral is also blocked and may require this surgery too but I'm hoping to bring back the other foot first. My neurologist says the pain is totally due to the pre surgical ischemia and the nerves take a long time to heal.  I gather the machine operates on TENS principles.

Answer
cheryl
congrats
your doc is right, in my opinion, but no reason not to enhance the healing, i would add massge- have a good therapist teach you how because your own hands send messages thru your nervous system and it really does make a difference but unless you have particularly thin, fragile skin, an ems or tens type unit is a great adjunct therapy in my experience.
so, if your docs concur i say yup, ask for it. with an Rx your insurance may cover,
best of luck, i think it will help!
lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway