Vascular Surgery/vnusc post op

I had vnus closure left leg 10 days ago -my leg still feels strange when I take my 30-40 compression stocking off for shower- I even wear it to bed. without it I can feel a fullness in My veins (like pooling blood)  no pain but a strange feeling I don't like at all.  The spots that is most sensitive is where the insertion site of the catheter. - will this feeling go away ?

sorry i wrote my answer yesterday then, i guess i did not submit it properly
did you have a postop ultrasound a day or two after the closure? what did it show?
you are wearing the sox perfectly, have you been walking? doing any aerobic exercise?
taking anything for the discomfort? what? have you taken aspirin? advil (ibuprofen)
most folks do not feel much of anything other than the insertion site, but of course everyone is different, some folks report a constriction of the vein after closure
how big was the greater saphenous vein before the procedure

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota