Vascular Surgery/post bilateral fem pop bypass

Question
Dear expert:

I am 5 weeks post bilateral fem pop bypass.  About 2 weeks after surgery I ended up with what felt like rocks on the bottom of my left foot causing a blue color on the bottom of the foot and a few toes.  My doctor said it was due to placque from the artery wall going down into the foot after surgery.  It gradually got better until I tried to walk around the store for about 45 minutes.  The next day I could barely walk on it again.  The doc said it was from walking too much.  This time within a few days I could walk normally again until I woke up this morning.  It is extremely painful across the entire ball of the foot and I can't put pressure on it and I didn't do anything yesterday to aggravate it.  Is this something I will have to live with the rest of my life?  What aggravates this condition and what can I do to avoid flareups?  Thank you.

Answer
sorry so liongtoanswer. thissoounds to me like your nerves are starting to wake up agaiin from the restored bloodflow. i suggest yo get to an orthotist adn get a good pair of custom inserts for your shoes to cushion your feet as you walk, hope this helps lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway