Vascular Surgery/problems after Venus Closure procedure

I Had done on both legs approximately 4 months ago. I originally went in because my spider veins were ugly looking and I wanted to have these addressed. Dr said we needed to get it through the problem in that disclosure procedure would be the thing to do, well also injecting the spider veins. so approximately two and a half months after the procedure spider veins a lot more spider veins are appearing. I went back to the doctor and he said well we must miss something we'll have to do another ultrasound.. now this is the fourth ultrasound I'm doing, and I couldn't imagine what could a finD That  they didn't find the previous three. anyway I did go for the ultrasound and what they found was basically nothing a confirmation again that the original procedure was effective and now the doctor says well it must be in your deep veins and there's nothing we can do about that. so I'm left feeling rather abused frankly, because I went in to get my spider veins cosmetically improved and now they are worse.. some of the ones that were rejected are gone but there's many many many many more new ones. on top of this my insurance is not so good so I owe him for each of the ultrasound at seven hundred dollars a pop plus the 20 percent off the rest of the procedures that the insurance company does not cover. can you give me your opinion on the situation, and is there any way to fix the deep ravine which could be the truE root of the problem.ThankYou.

sorry so long in answering forgot to change status to vacation.
i have to say, this is one reason we dont 'do' spider veins
so the first thing your initial treatment was protocol, to do the ultrasound to make sure that if there is an underlying problem it should be fixed before sclerotherapy for the spiders. but then you lose me
can you look up images of spider veins (telangiectasia )and reticular veins and varicose veins
and tell me which you have?
also i assume that your original US showed the deep system and id it was bad somehow, doc qould have had a log conversation about whether to closure or not
let me know about your veins...alo age, weight, family history of vein problem, pregnancies, activities

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota