Vascular Surgery/Aorta VI femoral bypass

Question
I had Aorta VI femoral bypass surgery at Vanderbilt hospital, January 9,2001, I have not had any problems with it  until now.  It is really sore down my whole right leg and up into my right hip.  I had both legs done and my left leg is not a problem.  I am 74, weigh 160 lbs, 5'7".  I was a smoker for 55 years, I quit 2/2/2000.  I do have a glass of wine when there is a special occasion, but nothing more.  I hope you can tell me what to do.  I live in Louisa, Virginia and if you know of a good Doctor in this area I would appreciate your recommendation.  I am new to this area and do not know who to go go.  Thank you so much.
Barbara Conn

Answer
Barbara
I think your best bet is to contact the surgeon who did your surgery and have him send your files, the operative reports and the test results (i assume he has been doing ultrasounds right along???) to you or to someone he recommends in your area
whoever you see will need that info

i am sorry I dont know anyone in VA
I do have a list of board certified vascular surgeons by state tho and here is the link for VA

https://online.vascularweb.org/physician_search/Physician_List.aspx

i hope this helps, you really do need to find a good surgeon locally, wish i could help more
lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway