Vascular Surgery/Rapidly spreading varicose veins?

Question
Beginning about two months ago, I had a sudden onset of varicose veins that have been spreading rapidly. It started with lumps on either side of my groin, which I thought were hernias but ultrasound proved to be large veins. I then had both raised and more visible veins progress down the inside of my thighs (GSV), behind my knees, on the backs of my thighs, the insides and fronts of my calves, and the backs and sides of both ankles. Now I have dilated veins appearing in the suprapubic area, extending to a few inches below my navel. These are about six vertical veins and some seem to be linked to the groin varices. Before the first veins showed up, I had been exercising rather strenuously for a couple of months. I also have a history of high blood pressure and kidney stones. I am 34 and have three young children. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Answer
Steph
sounds like you need a venous duplex ultrasound that looks at BOTH deep and superficial systems for incompetence, reflux, speed of flow, diameter of any incompetent veins and of course any clot.
impossible to tell over the internet even with your wonderful description- get the tests. let meknow what they see
lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway