Vascular Surgery/help

Question
There is occlusion of left common and external starting at the abbdmonal aortic bifurcation w reconstition distally at the level of common femoral artery secondery to collateral flow from the left circumflex Iliac artery. There is opacification of the arteries in the left internal Iliac artery distribution secondary to collateral flow. The left deep femoral artery is patent. The left superficial femoral and popliteal arteries patent throughout their courses. There is loss of  pacification seen distally involving the left anterior tibial and peroneal arteries just proximal to the ankle the predominant arterial inflow to the left foot is supplied by the left posterior tibial artery.
The right common Iliad artery is patent with multiple area of  narrowing. The most signicant is a moderate narrowing seen in its distal portion for a segment of approximately 1.7cm. I was smoker quite recentley. I am 49yrs old didn't start my life yet struggling w my leg.
My question is want know haw bad is my condition or have to have open abdominal surgery?

Answer
AAA surgery n the hands of an experienced surgeon is a wonder! lasts decades and tho it is a big surgery w tough recovery, it will change your life but always a but right, if you start smoking again it will fail and leave you in trouble again. hope this helps, lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway