Vascular Surgery/aortic bypass

I had aortic bypass actually 1 year ago tomorrow. question is, I am still very swollen in the abdomen, but in different areas of the abs. One area in particular, just beneath the left ribs. I have severe pain there at all times and  cannot find a way to lay, sit, stand or walk without pain. I am a 56 year old white female, weight has gone to 130 after surgery, was always about 100-103. 5'2" and small frame.

I'm sorry you're having problems. You don't mention having been back to your vascular surgeon for follow up appointments and ultrasounds that would be the first place to start you need to call your surgeon explain what's going on and ask for an ultrasound to see if they can find out what's causing the problem oftentimes there can be a collection of fluid that is easily managed it seems like a long time after surgery for that but anything is possible

At our clinic we do routine ultrasounds to be sure that we can see any problems, should they arise and by finding things faster can certainly treated easier can do that be something you would wait to discuss with you vascular surgeon I hope this helps Lori

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota