Vascular Surgery/Blood clot left abdomen

Lauri: I was seen at a VA hosp. this week. Had Vascular testing and CT scan. It showed blockage and clot & aneurism in artery leading to left leg. My symptoms from last 3 months are: I can only walk short distance (100feet) then pain come to groin and left leg area. Also get leg cramps at night. Apparently VA isn't concerned as my appointment with a Vascular Doctor isn't until July 22 and they say none available sooner? My regular Doctor couldn't get an appointment any sooner. I only have Medicare Ins.
Any suggestions or advice? Thank you!  Bob

sorry so long to answer, i have a new puppy who has taken over my life :)
i know, the VA can be slow, really the best thing while you wait is mild exercise, walking until you feel the pain in your leg then stop and rest until the pain goes away, and go again
put a couple of bricks or books under the HEAD of your bed so gravity can help blood get to your feet over night.
hope this helps and ask to be put on their cancellation list :)

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota