Vascular Surgery/venous reflux

I just had a US/ doppler Loe Ext Venous Lt/scan done which revealed that I have Grade 4 reflux in the left common femoral vein. (Dr. didn't order one for rt. leg as it is not quite as bad).

Iam 65 yrs. old, a non-smoker all my life, walk often , and only weigh 135lbs. , in good health, on no meds.  BUT from May to Sept.  ( in the warm- hot weather) my ankles and feet swell up like SAUSAGE FEET!! I have put up with this for the last 8-10 yrs. but it's getting worse - and very uncomfortable ,sometimes almost painful , and makes me dread the coming of my favorite season. Compression stockings are out becuz it's summer and I wear flip flops etc and bare feet!!

Can my valves be  repaired or replaced surgically?( which is what the specialist I saw  told me to" look into"- not very helpful)  or would removal of saphenous vein be  indicated? Or RF vein ablation?
This is probably a genetic pre-disposition, but I am getting desperate to have  this condition  repaired somehow.  I live in Vancouver , BC Canada.  Wondering if you know of any surgeons nearby who would do this?   Thank you in advance for your answer.

there are very few peripheral vascualr surgeons in USA who do a venous bypass in the leg to replace clotted vein with a new conduit usually sythetic or from cadaver. I know no one in Vancouver
this is link to canadian vascular surgery society. hope this helps lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota